8U - 6pm-7:30pm on Wednesday Nights. Training will be coordinated by our Competitive Academy Director with the assistance of the U8 team Facilitators Practices begin in October.
Practice Format: 90 Minutes in length.
60 mins of instruction lead by Academy Director, then Mini games to finish the practice session to use the skills learned that night.
1. Team rosters will be drawn using the Blind Draw system per GYSA rules. Rosters will have a maximum of 8 players per Facilitator/team.
1. Provided that we have enough players registered to keep our teams as an in-house ( no travel, minimum 6 teams ) program. If we do not have enough teams as required to keep the teams in-house ( less than 6 ), we will join the GYSA U-8 travel program. Games will be on Saturdays beginning the 1st week of November and continuing thru 2nd week of February.
1. Game play will be 4v4 ( 4 field players and no goal keeper ).
2. Goal Kicks – game is restarted with a Goal Kick from anywhere in the goal area. Play resumes once the ball has cleared the Goal Area. On Goal kicks, all opposing players must retreat to the halfway line.
3. Games played on Saturdays beginning 1st week of November.
4 - 12 minute periods with 2-3 minute break period. Referee will be used.